Experienced Draftsperson / Steel Detailer
HavCon Engineering is a leading provider for Fabrication, Maintenance and Construction services supporting the mining and industrial sectors in Western Australia. Due to increasing demand, we are looking for a Draftsperson to join our growing team, based in Harvey, Western Australia for an immediate start.
Please note, only applications from those currently living in Western Australia, with full working rights in Australia will be accepted.
Working closely with a team, you will be responsible for:
• Liaising with Clients and Suppliers to finalise designs and drawings.
• Measure and detail existing components and structures and produce legible sketches for reproduction into Solidworks
• Minimum hours required will be 6am – 4pm Monday – Friday, ability to work overtime as required.
• Salary will be negotiated dependent on knowledge and experience at interview stage.
Main responsibilities and skills required to be considered for the role:
• Solidworks or Inventor Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Drafting for Steel Fabrication
• Broad experience using sheet metal, weldments, and general 3D modelling in Solidworks or Inventor (preferably in the mining industry)
• Competent with Microsoft Office
• Be Flexible and adaptable
• Willing to work overtime as required
• As the position is based in Harvey, Western Australia, the successful applicant must live within a 100km radius.
• Experience in drafting to AS1100 is desirable
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their Solidworks/Inventor and drafting knowledge by completing a 3 part-drafting test, as part of the interview process.
Please submit a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role, along with your resume to:
Previous Applicants need not apply
HavCon Engineering is a rapidly growing local business and we currently have several positions for suitably qualified Workshop Boilermakers for an immediate start in our workshop in Harvey, Western Australia.
The roles will initially start on a casual contract with the opportunity of permanency for the right personnel.
Requirements of the role:
• Available for rotating Day and Night Shifts
• Shift durations from 8 hours - 12 hours
• Weekend Work
• Site Work
• Ability to travel away for work as required
• Trade Qualified
• High degree of attention to detail
• Reliable & Punctual
• Fabrication experience
• Workshop experience
• Reliable transport
• Flexibility to be able to work away when required
• Ability to pass ongoing Drug & Alcohol Testing
• Confined Space Ticket
• Working at Heights Ticket
• EWP Ticket
• Forklift Licence
All applicants will have to complete the following process prior to an offer of employment being made:
• Application sent, addressing the requirements of the role
• Completion of a phone interview
• Attend a Fabrication and Weld Test at our HARVEY workshop
• Attend a face to face interview at our Harvey workshop
• Provide a clear drug and alcohol screen (once a start date is confirmed)
If you meet the above criteria and want a role with security and longevity as well as room for personal development and growth then this is the place for you.
Please address your cover letter and resume to:
Havcon Engineering require suitably skilled and experienced boilermakers for scheduled fixed plant shutdown work. The shifts are 12-13 hours, day and night shifts.
• Australian Trade Qualification
• Manual Drivers Licence
• Nationally Recognised Working at Heights (current within 2 years)
• Nationally Recognised Confined Space (current within 2 years)
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test
• Previous shutdown experience is highly advantageous
• EWP Ticket
• Rigging / Dogging
What we are offering:
• regular shutdown work
• $45 per hour while on site
• PAID TRAVEL TIME
• Accommodation and meals provided on site
All successful applicants will be required to complete a once off 3F & 4F weld test and basic fabrication test as well as a face to face interview in our office in Harvey, Western Australia.
If you meet the above criteria, and think you may be suitable, please submit your resume through to: